Have you had to remove your front skid plate from your Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer yet? Wasn’t fun, was it? While we can’t help make it easier to remove and replace the original, we can sure make it easier down the road. How? Check out this list of cool features:
- This version is a three-piece design. If you need access to your A-arms for maintenance or replacement, far fewer screws need to be removed to get to them since you won’t have to remove the entire skid plate. The lower portions of the skid plate can even be accessed without removing the body!
- Incorporating an all-new upper compression zone on the bumper portion of the skid plate that allows a moderate amount of flex during frontal impacts. This compression zone absorbs significantly more impact energy than stock, reducing the possibility of internal damage from head-on crashes.
- The RPM UDR replacement skid plate is stronger and backed by a limited lifetime warranty against breakage so there’s a significantly lower chance you’ll need to replace it due to an “oops” moment.
- The RPM version has a larger front radius to help ease transitions up and over tall obstacles, unlike stock that has a steep front angle with minimal roll to the front edge.
- The skid plate also has three skid ribs that will help absorb abrasion damage, adding to the longevity of the RPM skid plate.
Everything you’ve been wanting from a replacement skid plate for your Unlimited Desert Racer is finally here in a tough, easy-to-use RPM replacement. American made and ready to abuse!
Tech Notes: The RPM Unlimited Desert Racer Skid Plate replaces stock Traxxas #8537 and is guaranteed to work with stock Traxxas components only. The Traxxas steel support (not included) must be transferred over to the RPM skid plate.